Thursday 16 July 2009

If Charlie and The Chocolate Factory happened today...


I honestly can't remember the last on-pack competition I've paid any attention to. And this is from someone who has no brand loyalty when it comes to having slim chances of winning stuff.
.
For a long time now the joy of opening a wrapper to see 'Bad luck, try again next time' has been completely replaced by unique codes you text or type online and ever since then the sparkly gold competition wrappers have had absolutely no impact on me.
.
I understand this method gives marketers lots of lovely data on consumers, but it just seems like they've made it harder and less enjoyable for consumers without giving anything back to them in return.
.
I'd love to see a return to good old fashioned competitions, but sadly I think if it did happened, I'd be too used to ignoring them to notice.

5 comments:

Rob Mortimer (aka Famous Rob) said...

Amen to that.

Luis Miranda said...

True, there's a kind of deshumanization effect in on pack promotions, they need magic back

james007 said...

it's nice movie and so interesting for kids.....
i wanna share this link for all those guys who want to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory now ................

james007 said...

hi friends
some guys ask me to find out the online link of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Now i have link to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory online..........who r the fan of this movie go through this link........

Anonymous said...

I to you am very obliged.